Using this website
This website is run by North Lincolnshire Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without problems
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability
How accessible this website is
Our website is 99.5 per cent accessible (according to Site Improve).
However, we know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- Container element is empty
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in an accessible format email the Customer Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 10 working days.
How we tested this website
We use SiteImprove to continuously check accessibility compliance for all content on all pages of our www.teach.northlincs.gov.uk website. The site is re-tested every five calendar days.
- our main website platform, available at www.teach.northlincs.gov.uk .
- all associated plugins that we use to enhance page content across the site. For example, the general layout of pages in how they look and are laid out, navigation menus, breadcrumbs, job listings and sliders.
The www.teach.northlincs.gov.uk website is rated as 99.5 per cent compliant by SiteImprove. This rating may fluctuate. We aim to be above 90 per cent compliant at all times, and above the industry average of 86.9 per cent.
SiteImprove highlights issues that cause reductions in compliance. We aim to fix these within 10 working days wherever possible. Any exceptions are noted within other sections of this Access Statement.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
North Lincolnshire Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Issues with technology
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons:
- Container element is empty Some roles are designed to contain other roles. This element has this type of role, but it doesn't contain any required-owned elements. This doesn't meet WCAG 1.3.1 Info and Relationships.
We are testing ourselves for a possible solution and also are anticipating a solution from the 3rd party plugin provider, as this is only related to a plugin for the "contact us" form.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We regularly monitor accessibility compliance using the SiteImprove product and we will resolve issues that arise wherever possible.
We also respond to customer feedback and use this to make things better wherever possible.
We’re working with the providers of third party systems and plugins to ensure they are either compliant, replaced or removed.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
If you find any problems that are not listed on this page or you think we’re not meeting the accessibility requirements, contact us.
If you contact us with a complaint and you’re not happy with our response contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’).